Sunday, November 8, 2015

Butter Cookies


Recently this cookies was very popular on facebook. Everybody was crazy of this copycat Jenny Bakery Butter Cookies which is very famous in Hong Kong. I was tempted to try too but there are difference version of recipes. My sister-in-law recommended me a recipe and I tried it out. My family loved them so much, it has the melt-in-mouth texture. This was the second batch which I had baked for this week. I'm using SCS unsalted butter so it was not too buttery for my family and me. Next round I will be trying chocolate butter cookies which I had promised my boys. Following recipe which I had tried and adjust to my prefer.

Recipe

Ingredients
225g SCS unsalted butter
80g icing sugar
100g plain flour
100g bread flour
55g corn flour
2tbsp rice flour
1/2tsp salt

Steps:
1. Preheat oven at 160C.
2. Sift plain flour, bread flour, corn flour, rice flour and salt together.
3. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. (Semi-hard butter work well but not room temperature butter as it cause sticky dough.)
4. Fold in flour mixture into Step 3 and mix to form soft dough. (Add some flour if your dough is sticky but do not add too much as the cookies will lost the melt-in-mouth texture.)
5. Put some dough into cookies presser and fix in disc and cover. (You can use nozzle too.)
6. Pipe dough onto a baking tray, leave gap in between dough.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 15mins.
8. Cool on wire rack and store in an airtight containers.

No comments: