Sunday, November 8, 2015
Recently this cookies was very popular on facebook. Everybody was crazy of this copycat Jenny Bakery Butter Cookies which is very famous in Hong Kong. I was tempted to try too but there are difference version of recipes. My sister-in-law recommended me a recipe and I tried it out. My family loved them so much, it has the melt-in-mouth texture. This was the second batch which I had baked for this week. I'm using SCS unsalted butter so it was not too buttery for my family and me. Next round I will be trying chocolate butter cookies which I had promised my boys. Following recipe which I had tried and adjust to my prefer.
225g SCS unsalted butter
80g icing sugar
100g plain flour
100g bread flour
55g corn flour
2tbsp rice flour
1. Preheat oven at 160C.
2. Sift plain flour, bread flour, corn flour, rice flour and salt together.
3. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. (Semi-hard butter work well but not room temperature butter as it cause sticky dough.)
4. Fold in flour mixture into Step 3 and mix to form soft dough. (Add some flour if your dough is sticky but do not add too much as the cookies will lost the melt-in-mouth texture.)
5. Put some dough into cookies presser and fix in disc and cover. (You can use nozzle too.)
6. Pipe dough onto a baking tray, leave gap in between dough.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 15mins.
8. Cool on wire rack and store in an airtight containers.