Tuesday, June 16, 2015
Vanilla Chiffon Cupcakes
I'm joining Best Recipes for Everyone June 2015 Event Theme: Secret of Chiffon & Roll Cakes. Organized and hosted by Fion of XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Diary.
Ingredients (yield 7cupcakes)
2 egg yolk
20g caster sugar
1tbsp veg. oil
1/2tsp vanilla paste
50g cake flour
2 egg white
25g caster sugar
1/8tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 165C.
2. Sift flour and set aside.
4. With a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk, salt and sugar together till it turn pale.
5. Add oil, milk, vanilla paste and follow by flour into egg yolk batter.
6. Whisk until well combined.
7. Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
8. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
9. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into egg yolk mixture until combined.
10.Then fold in the rest of the meringue in two portions lightly until well combined.
11.Fill piping bag with cake batter.
12.Pipe batter into cupcake cups till 3/4 full, tap cups lightly on table top.
13.Arrange cups on tray and bake in a preheated oven for 20-25mins.
14.Remove cupcakes from oven, invert cake and leave it to cool.