Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Ingredients (yield 11 financiers)
80g egg white
2tbsp caster sugar
1tbsp icing sugar
30g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
30g ground almond
70g unsalted butter
1tsp coffee powder
1/4tsp chocolate paste
walnut for decor
1. Preheat over to 190C.
2. Melt butter, stir in coffee powder and chocolate paste, set aside.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and ground almond together and set aside.
4. Whisk egg white in a clean big bowl until foamy.
5. Add in sugar and icing sugar, continue to whisk till sugar dissolved.
6. Add in honey and whisk till combined.
7. Fold in flour mixture until well blended.
8. Lastly, fold in melted butter mixture till well blended.
9. Spoon batter into greased mould till 90% full.
10.Place walnut on surface of batter.
11.Bake in preheated oven for 10-12mins or till it is lightly browned.
12.Remove financiers from mould and cool it on wire rack.