This pastry recipe is share by my Malay neighbour. I love this pastry skin, it is easy to manage not sticky, stretchable and can be re-roll. Most important it taste exactly from those which I bought from the malay store. Even my hubby gave a good compliment. I was in a rush so I just took a few shoots with my handphone.
500g plain flour
2tbsp rice flour
2tbsp veg. old
220ml warm water
650g potato (boiled,peeled and diced)
1 onion (diced)
3tbsp curry powder
2tsp curry paste
salt to taste
1. Heat up some oil in frying pan, fry onion till tender.
2. Add in curry paste and powder stir fry till fragrant.
3. Add in potato, salt and water continue stir fry till well mix and thick.
4. Dish out and set aside to cool.
1. Pour plain flour and rice flour into a big bowl.
2. Mix in margarine, oil and salt.
3. Slowly add in warm water into flour mixture and mix till it form a dough. (You may need to add more or less water.)
4. Dough should not be sticky, just knead the dough till the bowl and your hand is clean from flour.
Shaping of dough:
1. Roll out dough on work surface till thin sheet.
2. Use a 10-11cm ring cut out circle dough.
3. Scoop some filling and place it in the center of dough.
4. Damp edge, fold in the other end.
5. Seal it by pinching the edge and fold in, press half the folded and fold in again.
6. Fry puffs in moderate hot oil till golden brown. (do not over fry the puff as skin will turn hard rather then crispy.)
7. Place puffs on kitchen paper to soak excess oil and serve.