Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Pumpkin Chiffon Cake
3 egg yolk
25g caster sugar
2tbsp veg. oil
70g cooked pumpkin (mashed)
60g thick coconut milk
70g cake flour
3 egg white
50g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour and set aside.
3. With a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk, salt and sugar together.
4. Add oil, coconut milk, mashed pumpkin and flour into the egg yolk batter.
5. Whisk until well combined.
6. Use a cake mixer, whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue in two portions lightly until well combined.
10.Pour batter into a 20cm tube pan, smooth the surface.
11.Place pan into a preheated oven and bake for 35-40mins.
12.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table top and leave it cool.
13.Remove cake from pan and serve.
Posted by Happy Flour at 10:38 PM
Labels: chiffon cake
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
OH I love pumpkin, would definitely try on this recipe thanks!
Welcome, happy baking! :)
I love pumpkin too! This must be very delicious :)
I like your new header too, looks cute. You did it yourself?
Thanks, I did the header with my hubby helps. I also loved this new header. :)
Thanks for sharing this recipe :) Mine didn't turn out as tall and beautiful as yours, but it was soft and delicious :) perhaps because I omitted the cream of tartar?
Post a Comment