Wednesday, December 7, 2011
110g unsalted butter
120g plain flour
3 eggs (about 195g)
60g cooking chocolate (melted)
180g non-dairy whipping cream
1tbsp icing sugar
1tsp vanilla paste
1tbsp rum (optional)
150g coating chocolate (melted)
1. Bring milk, water, butter and salt to a boil.
2. Low fire, with a wooden spoon stir in flour in two portions.
3. Stir until it form a smooth paste and leave the side of the pan.
4. Leave aside to cool slightly.
5. Pour paste into cake mixer, gradually pour in beaten egg.
6. Make sure that the egg is well blended after each addition.
7. The batter should be smooth and shinning.
8. Pour batter into a piping bag with plain nozzle about 1cm in diameter.
9. Pipe about 6cm long dough on a greased tray.
10.Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 20 mins till golden brown.
11.Leave puffs to cool on a wire rack.
1. Whisk icing sugar and whipping cream till stiff peak.
2. Fold in melted chocolate, vanilla paste and rum till well blended.
3. Spoon cream into piping bag.
Assemble the cream puff:
1. Cut a slip at the side of the puffs and pipe in chocolate cream.
2. Chill in the fridge for the cream to set.
3. Dip puffs into melted coating chocolate and leave it to set or chill in the fridge.