I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #14: Creative Christmas Bakes (December 2011), hosted by Hankerie.
60g light brown sugar
70g golden syrup
300g plain flour
1tsp baking soda
1tsp ground cinnamon
1/2tsp ground ginger
1 egg white
1/2tsp lemon juice
200g icing sugar (sifted)
1. Sift flour, baking soda and spices together, set aside.
2. Cream butter, sugar, golden syrup and salt together until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in egg slowly into the cream mixture.
4. Add in flour and mix till a soft dough is formed.
5. Wrap dough up and rest in fridge for 15mins.
6. Preheat oven to 180C.
7. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface.
8. Use a cookies cutter and cut out dough.
9. Place it on a greased tray and bake for 10-12mins depend on the thickness of your cookies.
10.Remove cookies and cool on a wire rack.
1. With an electric whisk, whisk egg white till foamy.
2. Add in lemon juice and continue to whisk for a minutes.
3. Slowly add in icing sugar and continue to whisk till stiff peak. (You may need more or less icing sugar, so you have to observe.)
4. Divide icing among into few bowls and add few drops of food colouring into individual bowl.
5. Spoon icing into piping bag and decorate the cookies as desire.
6. Leave icing to dry before pack cookies in an airtight container.