Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Peach Swiss Roll
3 egg white
70g castor sugar
4 egg yolk
40g cake flour
15g corn flour
1tsp peach essence (optional)
40g butter (melted)
orange food colouring
100g whipping cream (whipped)
3pcs halves peach (canned peaches, diced)
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Lined and greased a 10" by 13" tray, set aside.
3. Sift cake flour, corn flour and salt together, set aside.
4. With a cake mixer, whisk the egg whites until foamy.
5. Add in castor sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
6. Change the speed to medium, slowly add in egg yolks and peach essence and whisk for another minute till well blended.
7. Fold flour into the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well blended.
8. Lastly fold in melted butter until well blended.
9. Scoop 2tbsp of batter into a bowl and mix with orange colouring.
10.Spoon orange batter into piping bag and set aside.
11.Pour the plain batter into the prepared tray and smooth the surface.
12.Pipe any lines design of your choice onto the plain batter.
13.Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
14.Remove cake from tray and cool it on a wire rack with the skin facing up.
Assemble the cake:
1. Carefully transfer the cake onto a greaseproof paper with the skin facing down.
2. Spread whipped cream on the cake and scatter diced peaches around.
3. Gently roll the cake by using the paper to lift the cake and guide roll.
4. Rest the roll in the fridge to stabilize it shape.
5. Remove, slice and serve.