Monday, November 8, 2010
Sweet Potato Miso Sponge Cake
A very interesting recipe from '孟老师的100道小蛋糕'. When I saw this recipe, I can only think of Miso soup. This recipe used Miso in cake??? I'm curious how the cake will taste like and I have to try this out. I used instant miso soup paste instead of miso paste as I seldom cook miso soup. I do like the taste of this savoury cake, it has a light miso flavor. :)
70g caster sugar
120g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
30g veg. oil
40g miso paste (I didn't weigh the miso, I used 4 sachets.)
200g(without skin) sweet potato (steamed and mashed)
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Lined base and side of an 8inches square tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
3. Mix milk, miso and oil together until well blended, strain and set aside.
4. Use a cake mixer to whisk the eggs, sugar and ovalette until thick and fluffy.
5. Sift cake flour into the cake batter in 3 portions and fold in.
6. Fold in miso mixture until well blended.
7. Pour some batter into the mashed sweet potato and mix well.
8. Pour the sweet potato batter back into the batter and mix well. (Do not over fold.)
9. Pour batter into the square tin.
10.Bake in preheated oven for 30-35mins.
11.Remove cakes from tin and cool on a wire rack.