Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Strawberry Jam Bread
300g bread flour
5g instant yeast
45g icing sugar
2tbsp milk powder
70g strawberry jam
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a mixer and mix well at low speed.
2. Add in water and jam, beat at medium speed until it form a dough.
3. Lastly add in the butter, continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
4. Cover the dough and let it prove for 45-60mins.
5. Divide dough into 45g each portion and rest for another 10mins.
6. Shape into long dough and arrange it on a greased tray.
7. Cover and leave it to prove for 45mins until it doubled in size.
8. Preheat oven to 190C.
9. Brush surface with beaten egg.
10.Pipe strawberry jam on the surface and sprinkle with some desiccated coconut.
11.Bake in a preheated oven for 10-15mins until buns is brown.
12.Remove bread from tin and cool it on a wire rack.