Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Steamed Rice Cake
Recipe is from 'Magic Steamed Cake' by Alex Goh.
Hehehe...just give me a 'cheese'(small crack on the suface of the cake), not a big one, please. :) Don't you find that these Wan Goh Kueh has a small smile instead.
A simple Steamed Rice Cake without yeast, 'Eno'(fruit salt) or rice fermentation(tapai). The texture may not be as soft and fluffy as my last post on Wan Goh Kueh but its acceptable for my boys and myself. My boys do enjoyed the cakes, I think it was properly they are colourful. :)
200g rice flour
75g cake flour
3tsp double-action baking powder
any food colouring of your choice
1. Mix all the ingredients together until well blended and sugar dissolved.
2. Add in colouring and stir until well mix.
3. Pour batter into a lined cupcake mould till 90% full.
4. Steam in a preheated steamer for 25mins.
5. Remove from mould and cool it on a wire rack.