Monday, October 11, 2010
Chcoclate Chiffon Cake
3 egg yolk
20g caster sugar
40g veg oil
60g chocolate milk
2tbsp cocoa powder
60g cake flour
3 egg white
65g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour and set aside.
3. Heat up the oil, remove from fire and stir in the cocoa powder.(This way the warm oil will bring out the aroma of the cocoa powder.)
4. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk, salt and sugar together.
5. Add in cocoa oil mixture and milk, whisk till combined.
6. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
7. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
8. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
9. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
10.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
11.Pour batter into a 20cm tube pan.
12.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 35-40mins.
13.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cool.
14.Remove from pan and serve.