Friday, October 15, 2010
Recipe from 'Baking Code' by Alex Goh. I made some changes to the recipe.
50g fine sugar
75g brown sugar
1/2tsp vanilla essence
155g plain flour
1/4tsp baking soda
1/2tsp baking powder
20g ground hazelnut
50g chopped nuts
80g chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven at 175C.
2. Cream butter, salt and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Slowly beat in the egg and vanilla essence until well combined.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and ground hazelnut together.
5. Fold in the flour mixture into Step 3 and mix to form a soft dough.
6. Add in chopped nuts and chocolate chips, wrap dough up and rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
7. Divide dough about 20-25g each, roll into balls.
8. Arrange them on a greased tray and leave a wide gap in between the cookies dough.
9. Flatten the dough and arrange some chocolate chips on it.
10.Bake in a preheated oven for 15mins until slightly firm.
11.Cool on wire rack and keep in an airtight containers.