Friday, October 8, 2010
Sri Melaka Cupcake
Recipe from 'Magic Steamed Cake' by Alex Goh. Following is half portion of the original recipe.
100g gula melaka
70g corn oil
75g thick coconut milk
200g plain flour
1/2tsp baking soda
2tsp double action baking powder (I used 1tsp.)
1. Boil gula melaka with water until it dissolved, set aside to cool.
2. Sift flour, double action baking powder and baking soda together and set aside.
3. With a hand whisk, whisk eggs, salt and sugar together until slightly thicken.
4. Stir in the gula melaka syrup, coconut milk and oil until well blended.
5. Lightly fold in the flour until well combined.
6. Spoon batter into lined moulds till 90% full.
7. Steam in a preheated steamer at medium heat for 25mins till done.
8. Remove from moulds and cool on a wire rack.