Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Cinnamon Sponge Fingers
2 egg white
45g castor sugar
2 egg yolk
40g cake flour
2tbsp corn flour
pinch of salt
20g butter (melted)
1 1/2tsp cinnamon powder }mix
1tbsp icing sugar }together
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Draw lines on greaseproof papers which are 7cm apart.
3. Place the greaseproof paper with the marking facing downward on a baking tray.
4. Greased, dust surface lightly with flour and shake of excess, set aside.
5. Sift cake flour, corn flour and salt together, set aside.
6. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites until foamy.
7. Add in the castor sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Change the speed to medium and slowly add in the egg yolks and whisk for another minute till well blended.
9. Fold the flour into the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well blended.
10.Lastly fold the melted butter into the batter until well blended.
11.Pour batter into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle.
12.Pipe fingers between the 7cm lines, leaving some gap in between each one.
13.Dust cinnamon icing sugar on the surface of the fingers.
14.Immediately bake in a preheated oven for 7-9mins.
15.Leave sponge fingers on paper for a while.
16.Use a sharp knife, slowly scrape it off from paper and cool it on wire rack.