Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Black Sesame Paste Chiffon Cake
3 egg yolk
2tbsp veg. oil (I used the oil from the sesame paste.)
30g black sesame paste
60g soya bean milk/fresh milk
75g cake flour (sift)
3 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Mix milk, oil and sesame paste together, set aside.
3. Use a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk and sugar together.
4. Add in the black sesame mixture and flour together.
5. Whisk until well combined.
6. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk batter until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
10.Pour batter into a 20cm tube pan.
11.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 35-40mins.
12.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cool.
13.Remove from pan and serve.