Monday, April 26, 2010
Rock Melon Sponge Cupcakes
Ingredients (yield 9 cupcakes)
80g caster sugar
70g cake flour
15g veg. oil
1tbsp rock melon paste
3-4 apricot (diced)
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. Lined cupcake tray with paper casing and set aside.
3. Use a cake mixer to whisk the eggs, salt and sugar until thick and fluffy.
4. Shift the cake flour into the cake batter in 3 portions and fold in. (I used hand whisk to fold in.)
5. Mix milk, rock melon paste and oil together.
6. Pour some egg batter into the rock melon mixture and stir until well-blended.
7. Pour the mixture into the egg batter and mix until well-blended.
8. Spoon batter into cupcake tray until 80% full.
9. Scatter some diced apricot on the surface.
10.Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20mins.
11.Remove cakes from tin and cool on a wire rack.