Saturday, April 3, 2010
6slices day-old bread
1/2tsp vanilla paste
1/4tsp ground cinnamon
50g plain flour
1. Put on a pair of gloves and mix sugar and butter together until crumbles.
2. Add in the flour and rub until resemble bread crumb.
3. Keep in a container and store it in the fridge.
1. Lightly butter a baking dish.
2. Cut the bread into cubes and spread it on the baking dish.
3. Use a hand whisk, whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla paste, ground cinnamon and salt until well blended.
4. Pour in the milk and whisk until combined.
5. Strain the mixture over the bread cubes.
6. Let it stand for 20mins, pressing the bread occasionally so it will be evenly soaked.
7. Preheat oven to 180C.
8. Scatter the raisins over the surface of the pudding and press it down to soak the raisins.
9. Steam-bake pudding in a preheated oven for about 30mins or until the surface started to set.
10.Remove pudding from oven and sprinkle the streusel topping on it.
11.Return it to the oven and bake for further 10mins or when a knife is inserted into the pudding and come out almost clean.
12.Remove from oven and serve it warm.