Thursday, April 29, 2010
Hazelnut Chocolate Swiss Roll
55g fine sugar
55g cake flour
10g corn flour
25g ground hazelnut
butter cream }mix
hazelnut spread }together
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Sift cake flour, corn flour and ground hazelnut together and set aside.
3. Mix milk and melted butter together and set aside.
4. Use a cake mixer to whisk eggs, salt and sugar until thick and fluffy.
5. Gently fold in the flour until well combined
6. Lastly fold in the melted butter until well combined.
7. Pour batter in a lined and greased 10" x 13" tray.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
9. Remove cake from tray immediately and cool on a rack with the skin facing up.
Assemble the cake:
1. Carefully transfer the cake onto a paper with the skin facing down.
2. Spread the hazelnut chocolate butter cream on the cake.
3. Gently roll the cake by using the paper to lift the cake and guide roll.
4. Rest the roll in the fridge to stabilize it shape.
5. Remove, slice and serve.