Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Bak Kwa Hamburger
80g bread flour
55g boiling water
220g bread flour
100g plain flour
15g milk powder
6g instant yeast
white sesame seeds
1. Add boiling water into the bread flour, mix until it form a dough.
2. Cover and set aside to cool.
3. Keep it in the fridge to rest for at least 12 hours.
1. Leave the gelatinized dough at room temperature to thaw for 10-15mins.
2. Mix (A) in a cake mixer with a dough hook attracted until well-blended.
3. Add (B) into the dry ingredients, beat at medium speed until it form a rough dough.
4. Add in the gelatinized dough and continue to beat until well-blended.
5. Lastly, add in (C) continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Cover dough and leave it to prove for 50mins.
7. Divide dough into 55g each.
8. On a lightly floured surface, mould it into round shape.
9. Cover and rest for another 10mins.
10.Flatten two doughs separately and roll it into round shape.
11.Place a piece of bak kwa on a flatten dough and cover it with another piece.
12.Use a 9cm ring and cut out the dough.
13.Place it in a greased 9.5cm diameter aluminum round mould.
14.Cover and leave it to prove for 50mins until it doubled in size.
15.Preheat oven to 190C.
16.Brush surface with egg wash and sprinkle top with some white sesame seeds.
17.Bake in a preheated oven for 15mins until brown.
18.Remove bread from mould and cool it on a wire rack.