Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Steamed Sweet Corn Cake
80g light brown sugar/ caster sugar
50g thick coconut milk/ evaporated milk
60g cream corn
125g self-raising flour
1/2tsp double action baking powder
1. Sift flour and double action baking powder together and set aside.
2. Whisk the eggs and sugar together until thick and fluffy.
3. Pour in the coconut milk and mix until well blended.
4. Lightly fold in the flour into the egg batter.
5. Lastly fold in the cream corn.
6. Lined cup moulds with paper casing.
7. Pour batter into cup moulds until 90% full.
8. Steam in a preheated steamer at high heat for 10mins.
9. Remove cake and cool on a wire rack.