Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Pistachio and Red Dates Cupcakes
110g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
80g castor sugar
1/2tsp vanilla essence
35g pistachio nuts(chopped)
30g red dates (remove seeds and chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into a mixer bowl.
3. Add butter and beat until creamy.
4. Add in sugar and salt and beat for another 5mins.
5. Add in beaten egg slowly, milk and vanilla essence, beat until well-blended.
6. Lastly, fold in the chopped pistachio nuts and red dates into the batter.
7. Spoon batter into the baking paper cups until 70% full and sprinkle some pistachio nuts and red dates on it. (Soak red dates with some water for a while to prevent it from getting burn during baking.)
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30mins.
9. Remove cupcakes and cool on a wire rack.