Saturday, March 20, 2010
Chocolate Rice Slices
I baked a simple chocolate sponge cake. I intended to sandwich the cake with butter cream, however there is not enough butter cream to do so. So I divided the cake into two and spread the top and sides of the cake with butter cream and lastly coat it with chocolate rice. Simply, my family favourite. :)
110g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
30g veg. oil
15g cocoa powder
1/2tsp chocolate paste
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Warm up the oil at low heat, remove from fire.
3. Stir in the cocoa powder and chocolate paste, set aside to cool.
4. Sift cake flour and baking powder together and leave it aside.
5. Use a cake mixer to whisk the eggs, salt and sugar until thick and fluffy.
6. Gently fold in the flour.
7. Add milk into the chocolate mixture.
8. Pour some egg batter into the chocolate mixture and mix until well-blended.
9. Pour the chocolate mixture into the egg batter and mix until well-blended.
10.Pour cake batter into a lined and greased 8" square tin.
11.Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35mins.
12.Leave it to cool in the cake tin.
Assemble the cake:
1. Remove cake and cut vertically into two pieces.
2. Spread top and sides of the cake with butter cream.
3. Spread the chocolate rice in a tray and roll the cake in it.
4. Leave it in the fridge to set.
5. Remove, slices and serve.