Monday, March 29, 2010
Recipe from 'Magic Bread' by Alex Goh.
80g bread flour
55g boiling water
220g bread flour
100g plain flour
15g milk powder
6g instant yeast
110g dried cranberry
100g bread flour
1. Put on a pair of gloves and mix sugar and butter together until crumbles.
2. Add in the flour and rub until resemble bread crumb.
3. Keep in a container and store it in the fridge.
1. Add boiling water into the bread flour, mix until it form a dough.
2. Cover and set aside to cool.
3. Keep it in the fridge to rest for at least 12 hours.
1. Leave the gelatinized dough at room temperature to thaw for 10-15mins.
2. Mix (A) in a cake mixer with a dough hook attracted until well-blended.
3. Add (B) into the dry ingredients, beat at medium speed until it form a rough dough.
4. Add in the gelatinized dough and continue to beat until well-blended.
5. Lastly, add in (C) continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Add in (D) and mix until well-blended.
7. Cover dough and let it prove for 50mins.
8. Divide dough into 90g each.
9. On a lightly floured surface, mould it into round shape.
10.Cover and rest for another 10mins.
11.Roll dough into oblong shape.
12.Arrange it on a greased tray, cover and leave to prove for 50mins until it doubled in size.
13.Preheat oven to 190C.
14.Brush surface with egg wash and sprinkle top with some streusel topping.
15.Bake in a preheated oven for 12mins until brown.
16.Remove bread from tray and cool it on a wire rack.