Monday, October 12, 2009
Egg White Square Cookies
Sharing with everyone another alternative to get rid of your left over egg whites. You can purchase the stencil from Kitchen Capers retail store.
55g caster sugar
2 egg whites (about 80g)
1/4tsp vanilla essence
70g plain flour (sift)
chocolate paste/cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven at 180C.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Slowly beat in the egg white and vanilla essence until well combined.(If batter curdle add in some flour.)
4. Fold in the flour into Step 3 and mix to form a smooth batter.
5. Mix 1tsp of the plain batter with chocolate paste.
6. Spoon the chocolate batter into a piping bag and set aside.
7. Place the stencil on a piece of ungreased parchment paper or silicon mat.
8. Spoon some batter onto the stencil.
9. Use a palette knife to smooth out the surface and fill up the holes.
10.Carefully remove the stencil and pipe the chocolate batter on the surface to create pattern on it.
11.Carefully transfer the paper onto a baking tray.
12.Bake in a preheated oven for 8-10mins or until lightly browned.
13.Cool on wire rack and keep in an airtight containers.