Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Sri Lanka Black Tea Chiffon Cake
Sri Lanka black tea powder is available at Kitchen Capers retail shop.
3 egg yolk
20g caster sugar
40g corn oil
55g hot milk
1tbsp Sri Lanka black tea powder
70g cake flour
1/8tsp baking powder
3 egg white
60g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Pour the hot milk into the tea powder, mix until well combined and set aside to cool.(This way the hot milk will bring out the aroma from the tea powder.)
4. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk and sugar together.
5. Add in oil and milk, whisk till combined.
6. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
7. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
8. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
9. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
10.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
11.Pour batter into a 20cm/21cm tube pan.
12.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 35-40mins.
13.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cool.
14.Remove from pan and serve.