Friday, August 14, 2009
Chocolate Rice Swiss Roll
3 egg (separated)
50g cake flour
2tsp cocoa powder
1/4tsp baking powder
40g corn oil
1/2tsp chocolate paste
adequate butter cream
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Lined and greased a 10" by 13" tray, sprinkle the chocolate chips on the tray and set aside.
3. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites until frothy.
4. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
5. Change the speed to medium and gradually add in the egg yolks and whisk for another 1min until well combined.
6. Shift the cake flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together into the cake batter in 3 portions and fold in lightly.
7. Lastly fold in the chocolate paste and oil into the batter until well combined.
8. Pour the batter in tray.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
10.Remove it from the pan and set aside to cool.
Assemble the cake:
1. Carefully transfer the cake onto a greaseproof paper.
2. Spread the cream on the cake.
3. Gently roll the cake by using the paper to lift the cake and guide roll.
4. Pour chocolate rice on a tray.
5. Spread some butter cream on the surface of the roll and roll it in the chocolate rice.
6. Wrap up the swiss roll in a greaseproof paper.
7. Rest the roll in the fridge to stabilize it shape.
8. Remove, slice and serve.