Monday, August 24, 2009
125g cream cheese
1 egg yolk (about 20g)
20g cake flour }sift
1 1/2tsp corn flour }together
110g egg white (about 3 egg whites)
1/8tsp cream of tartar
1. Line the base of a loaf tin with grease proof paper and set aside.
2. Double-boil milk, cream cheese and butter until cream cheese has melted completely.
3. Remove from stove and set aside to cool.
4. Preheat oven to 150C. (Don't preheat the oven too early as the oven will be too hot.)
5. Strain the mixture into a bigger mixing bowl.
6. Use a hand whisk and whisk egg yolk and sugar together until pale yellow.
7. Mix into the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
8. Follow by the flour mixture, whisk until smooth batter.
9. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
10.Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
11.Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the cream cheese mixture until combined.
12.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
13.Pour batter into the prepared loaf tin and steam-bake cheesecake in a preheated oven for 55-60mins.
14.Leave the cheesecake to cool in the oven for 1hr with the door ajar.
15.Remove cake from tin and chill in the fridge for about 1hr.(You can also chill the whole cheesecake in the loaf tin.)
16.Cut and serve the cheesecake.