Thursday, August 6, 2009
Pandan Chiffon Cake
3 egg yolk
1 1/2tbsp corn oil
2tbsp pandan juice
70g coconut milk
1/2tsp pandan paste
90g cake flour
1/8tsp baking powder
3 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk, sugar and salt together.
4. Add in oil, pandan juice, pandan paste and coconut milk, whisk till combined.
5. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
6. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
10.Pour batter into a 20cm tube pan.
11.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 35-40mins.
12.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cool.
13.Remove from pan and serve.