Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Hello Kitty Strawberry Torte
1 sheet of vanilla sponge 10" x 13"
2 sheets of strawberry sponge 10" x 10"
80g strawberry jam
1tsp strawberry paste
1 1/2tbsp gelatine
200g whipping cream (whipped)
150g strawberry yoghurt
1. Peel off the top crust of the sponge cakes.
2. Trim of the four edges of the vanilla sponge.
3. Cut out two long strips about height 2.5inches.
4. Place it around a 7inches round tin and trim away excess.
5. Remove it from tin, use a cookie cutter and cut out shapes on the long strips.
6. Use the same cookie cutter and cut out the same shape from the strawberry sponge.
7. Remove the cut out shapes from the vanilla sponge.
8. Brush some jam around the strawberry cut out sponges and fit it into the vanilla sponge.
9. Place it around the tin.
10.Use the strawberry sponge, cut out two more round shapes for the base and set aside.
1. Boil (A) together until sugar dissolved and stir in the strawberry paste.
2. Double boiler (B) together until gelatine dissolved.
3. Mix (A) and (B) together and set aside to cool.
4. Use a hand whisk and stir (C) into the strawberry mixture.
1. Place a strawberry round sponge into the base of the tin.
2. Scoop the strawberry mousse over it until half filled.
3. Place another sponge over it.
4. Scoop the rest of the mousse over the sponge.
5. Smooth the surface and chill it in the fridge until set.