Thursday, May 14, 2009
Chocolate Cream Cake
4 egg yolk
50g corn oil
1tsp chocolate paste
75g cake flour
15g chocolate powder
1/4tsp baking powder
4 egg white
85g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
200g whipping cream (whipped) }mix
1tbsp hazelnut spread }all
1tsp chocolate paste }together
adequate piping jelly
food colourings of your choice
1. Preheat oven at 175C.
2. Use a hand whisk and mix (A) together.
3. Sift (B) and mix into (A).
4. Stir till well combined and set aside.
5. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
6. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
7. Fold in the meringue lightly in 3 portions into the egg yolk mixture until well combined.
8. Pour batter into a line and greased 10"x13" tray.
9. Put in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20mins.
10.Remove it from tray and set aside to cool.
11.Cut the thin sheet of cake into two pieces.
12.Spread with whipped cream and sandwich them together.
13.Spread whipped cream on top of the cake.
14.Cut it into serving size.
15.Divide piping jelly into 2 portions.
16.Mix colouring into individual portions and have fun decorating your cake.