Thursday, October 23, 2008
Steamed Soft Chocolate Cake
95g unsalted butter
75g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1/4tsp baking soda
30g cocoa powder (sifted)
80g evaporated milk
2 1/2tbsp Horlicks
1/4tsp vanilla essence
pinch of salt
1. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together, set aside.
2. Mix evaporated milk, Horlicks and vanilla essence together, set aside.
3. Cream butter, salt and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Slowly beat in egg until well combined.(If batter curdle add in some flour.)
5. Fold in flour, cocoa powder and milk mixture alternately until well combined.
6. Do not over mix.
7. Pour batter into a lined and greased 7" round tin.
8. Cover with aluminum foil.
9. Steam over high heat for 1 1/2hrs, if skewer comes out clean when inserted into the cake then it done.
10. Let cake cool in the tin for 5mins before turning it out onto the wire rack.
Note : There will be some air holes on the surface of this cake, due to the used of baking soda.