Friday, October 10, 2008
Coffee Oat Cake
This is an old recipe. It was taught by my Secondary School Home Economic teacher; Ms Wong, more than 20 years ago. It is a simple Coffee cake with a touch of health oat which give the cake a rough texture.
110g fine sugar
75g flour/cake flour
1tsp baking powder
3tsp instant coffee
1/2tbsp hot water
1. Preheat oven at 175C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Mix instant coffee and hot water together, set aside.
4. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Slowly beat in egg until well combined.(If batter curdle add in some flour.)
6. Fold in flour and coffee alternately until well combined.
7. Lastly fold in the oat.
8. Pour batter into a lined and greased loaf pan.
9. Bake for 40-45mins, if skewer comes out clean when inserted into cake then it done.
10. Leave cake to cool in pan for 5mins then remove and cool on a wire rack.