Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Maple Syrup Madeleines
60g butter (melted)
65g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
45g caster sugar
1tbsp maple syrup
1/4tsp vanilla essence
1. Shift the cake flour and baking powder together and leave it aside.
2. Use a cake mixer to whisk the eggs, salt and sugar until light and fluffy.
(Do the ribbon test: Use the whisk to spoon some batter, drip some into the mixing bowl. If it stay visible for a while then this is the right stage.)
3. Gently fold in flour, follow by the maple syrup and essence.
4. Lastly fold in the melted butter until well combined.
5. Cover and rest in the fridge for 1 to 2hrs.
6. Preheat oven to 190C.
7. Grease and lightly flour madeleine mold.
8. With a hand whisk, whisk the batter lightly.
9. Fill each madeleine well with batter till 3/4 full.
10. Bake for 12mins until golden brown.
11. Immediately use a toothpick remove madeleines from mold and cool on a wire rack.
12. Let the mold cool then repeat steps 7, 9 and 10.