Sunday, March 20, 2016
I had bookmarked this recipe few months back. It from the Chinese website, refer here. The ingredients used is very basic and steps are simple chiffon cake method.
It claimed that no winkles and shrinkage during cooling which make me curious to try it out, it was baked from a low temperature and slowly increased. The result was good it yield a very soft and fluffy cake. Thumbs up :)
45g egg yolk
2tsp caster sugar
35g veg. oil
pinch of salt
few drops of vanilla paste
40g cake flour (sifted)
75g egg white
28g caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 110C.
2. Lined muffins tray with paper casing and set aside.
3. With a hand whisk, mix egg, egg yolk, sugar and salt together until well blended.
4. Add in oil and few drops of vanilla paste, whisk till combined.
5. Add in flour and stir till batter is smooth.
6. With a cake mixer, whisk egg whites till frothy.
7. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk batter until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in two portions until well combined.
10.Spoon batter into paper casing till 80% full, tap tray on tabletop to burst air bubbles.
11.Bake in a preheated oven for 20mins, increase temperature to 130C and bake for another 15mins.
12.Increase the temperature to 150C and bake for another 10mins to brown the crust.
13.Switch off oven power and leave cupcakes inside oven for 5mins.
14.Remove cupcakes and leave it to cool on wire rack.