Wednesday, March 16, 2016
Milk Roll Buns
150g bread flour
2tsp milk powder
1/2tsp instant yeast
2tbsp caster sugar
85g warm milk
1tbsp condensed milk
1. Dissolve yeast in 1tbsp of warm milk and set aside.
2. In a big mixing bowl mix flour, milk powder, sugar and salt together.
3. Add balance milk and dissolved yeast into mixing bowl.
4. With a spatula, mix ingredients together till it form a dough. (Add 1tsp of milk if dough is too dry which can't bind together.)
5. Lastly, add in butter and hand knead butter into dough.
6. Place dough on a lightly floured table top and hand knead till it achieve a smooth and elastic dough.
7. Put dough in a greased bowl, cover and let it proof for an hour.
8. Knock down proof dough, hand knead on tabletop for a while.
9. Divide dough into 9 equal portions about 31g each, roll into balls .
10.Cover and rest for another 10mins.
11.Flatten dough, with a rolling pin roll out dough into thin piece.
12.Roll up dough just like rolling swiss roll.
13.Give a half turn and roll out dough into thin piece again.
14.Roll up dough just like rolling swiss roll again.
15.Arrange them in a greased 6inches square pan.
16.Cover and leave it proof for 45mins until it doubled in size.
17.Preheat oven to 180C.
18.Spray surface of proofed dough with water, sprinkle some pearl sugar on it surface and press it lightly so it stick on dough.
19.Bake in a preheated oven for 12-14mins until buns surface is browned.
20.Remove buns from pan, brush surface with butter and cool it on a wire rack.