Saturday, March 12, 2016
Passionfruit Mango Chiffon Cake
4 egg yolk
25g caster sugar
40g veg. oil
25g mango puree (sweetened)
50g passionfruit pulp with juice (with a scissor cut pulp into smaller pieces)
80g cake flour (sifted)
4 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. With a hand whisk egg yolk, salt and sugar together.
3. Add in oil, passionfruit pulp and mango puree, whisk till combined.
4. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
5. With a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
6. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
7. Fold in 1/3 of meringue into egg yolk batter until blended.
8. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 2 portions until well combined.
9. Pour batter into a 21cm tube pan, tap pan lightly on table top to burst air bubbles.
10.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 45-50mins.
11.Remove from oven, invert cake pan and let it cool.
12.Remove cake from pan and serve.