Saturday, August 29, 2015
Toffee Square Cakes
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up ~ August 2015 Event Theme : Brown Sugar and Molassses organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Jess of Bakericious.
45g molasses sugar/brown sugar
40g whipping cream/milk
2 large egg
35g caster sugar
60g unsalted butter
30g toffee syrup
1/4tsp vanilla paste
85g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
2tbsp ground almond
adequate roasted diced almond
1. Pour everything into a small saucepan, cook over low fire.
2. Boil until syrup just thicken.
3. Remove from fire and set aside to cool.
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Grease baking tray and set aside.
3. Sift cake flour, salt, baking powder and ground almond together.
4. Melt butter and stir in toffee syrup and vanilla paste till well mix.
5. With a cake mixer, whisk eggs and sugar together till thick and fluffy.
6. Fold in flour in 3 portions till well blended.
7. Spoon some egg batter into butter mixture and stir till well mix.
8. Pour butter batter into egg batter and mix well.
9. Spoon batter into baking tray about half filled and scatter some diced almond on it.
10.Lightly tap baking tray on counter top to burst air bubbles.
11.Bake for 15-20mins till golden brown.
12.Remove cake and cool on wire rack.