Saturday, October 10, 2015
Gula Melaka Ogura Cake
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up ~ October 2015 Event Theme : Coconut, organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY
and hosted by Jess of Bakericious.
4 egg yolk
1 egg (about 50g)
2tbsp coconut milk
60g gula melaka (chopped)
1tbsp veg. oil
70g cake flour
4 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 150C.
2. Line base of a 7" loose base square tin with grease proof paper, greased sides of tin and dust with flour, shake off excess flour.
3. Wrap tin base and surrounding with foil, set aside.
4. Simmer gula melaka and coconut milk together till gula melaka dissolved.
5. Strain and set aside to cool.
6. Sift flour and salt together, set aside.
7. With a hand whisk, whisk egg yolks and one whole egg together.
8. Add in gula melaka syrup and whisk till combined.
9. Add in flour and stir till batter is smooth.
10.With a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
11.Gradually add in sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
12.Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
13.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in two portions until well combined.
14.Pour batter into prepared cake tin.
15.Steam-bake cake in a preheated oven for 15mins, reduce temperature to 130C and bake for another 35-40mins. (Adjust oven temperature according to your house oven heating power.)
15.Remove cake tin from oven, loosen side and remove cake from tin.
16.Leave it to cool on a wire rack.