Sunday, August 23, 2015
Molasses Sugar Chiffon Cupcakes
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up ~ August 2015 Event Theme : Brown Sugar and Molassses organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Jess of Bakericious.
40g egg yolk
2tbsp molasses sugar/brown sugar
30g veg. oil
70g cake flour
135g egg white
30g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
adequate vanilla butter cream
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour and salt together, set aside.
3. With a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk till pale and whisk in molasses sugar.
4. Add oil and milk, whisk till well blended.
5. Add in flour into egg yolk batter and whisk till well blended.
6. Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into egg yolk mixture until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue in two portions lightly until well combined.
10.Fill piping bag with cake batter.
11.Pipe batter into cupcake cups till 3/4 full, tap cups lightly on table top.
12.Tap cupcake on table top to burst air bubbles.
13.Arrange cups on tray and bake in a preheated oven for 25mins.
14.Remove from oven, invert cake and leave it cool.
15.Pipe butter cream into cupcakes, chill and serve.