Saturday, August 15, 2015
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up ~ August 2015 Event Theme : Brown Sugar and Molassses organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Jess of Bakericious.
45g molasses sugar/brown sugar
40g whipping cream/milk
3 egg white
2tbsp castor sugar
45g molasses sugar (sift sugar first to get the fine grain then weigh the amount require for the recipe)
4 egg yolk
40g cake flour
15g corn flour
40g butter (melted)
1. Pour everything into a small saucepan, cook over low fire.
2. Boil until syrup just thicken.
3. Remove from fire and set aside to cool.
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Lined and greased a 10" by 13" tray, set aside.
3. Sift cake flour, corn flour and salt together, set aside.
4. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites until foamy.
5. Add in castor sugar first then gradually add in molasses sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
6. Switch mixer speed to medium and slowly add in egg yolks and whisk for another minute till well blended.
7. Fold flour into meringue lightly in 3 portions until well blended.
8. Lastly fold melted butter into batter until well blended.
9. Pour batter into prepared tray, spread out batter and smooth surface.
10.Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
11.Remove sponge from tray, peel off paper and cool it on a wire rack.
Assemble the sponge:
1. Carefully transfer sponge onto a greaseproof paper with the skin facing up.
2. Spread buttercream onto sponge.
3. Pour toffee syrup into piping bag and pipe stripe of syrup along sponge.
3. Gently roll sponge by using paper to lift the cake and guide roll.
4. Rest the roll in the fridge to stabilize it shape.
5. Remove, slice and serve.