Saturday, June 22, 2013
Steamed Pumpkin Kueh (蒸南瓜糕)
250g pumpkin without skin (diced)
3-4 dried mushroom (soak and diced)
20g dried shrimp (soak and chopped)
20g shallots (chopped)
200g rice flour
1tbsp corn flour
1tbsp wheat starch
2tsp concentrated chicken stock
dash of pepper
1. Mix batter ingredients and seasoning together till smooth, set aside. (Adjust seasoning according to individual prefer.)
2. Heat up oil in a wok, stir fry chopped shallot and chopped dried shrimp till fragrant.
3. Add in diced mushroom and pumpkin and stir fry for a while.
4. Lower heat, pour prepared batter into wok.
5. Stir batter constantly and cook till batter thicken.
6. Pour batter into a greased 7inches square tin and steam in a preheated steamer for 30mins.
7. Remove from steamer and set aside to cool.
8. Garnish with chopped spring onion, slice and serve.