This is my last post for the year. I am sending out my early greeting to all my dearest readers. Wishing everyone out there A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year! ^-^
4 egg (separated)
70g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
1/4tsp vanilla paste
55g butter (melted)
80g blueberry jam/blueberry pie filling
1 1/2tbsp gelatine
200g whipping cream (whipped)
100g blueberry yoghurt
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Lined and greased a 10" by 13" tray and set aside.
3. Sift cake flour, salt and baking powder together, set aside.
4. Use a cake mixer, whisk the egg whites till frothy.
5. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
6. Switch speed to medium and gradually add in egg yolks and vanilla paste,
whisk for another minute until well combined.
7. Fold flour into the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well blended.
8. Lastly fold in melted butter into batter until well combined.
9. Pour batter in the prepared tray and smooth the surface.
10.Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
11.Remove cake from oven.
12.Place a piece of greaseproof paper on cake, press it against the crust so that the crust can be peel off easily.
13.Flip cake onto cooling rack with the cake base facing up.
14.Peel off paper and set aside to cool.
1. Boil (A) together until sugar dissolved.
2. Double boiler (B) together until gelatine dissolved.
3. Mix (A) and (B) together and set aside to cool.
4. Fold yoghurt into whipped cream.
5. Use a hand whisk and stir blueberry mixture into step no.4 till well blended.
1. Flip cake onto a greaseproof paper and peel off paper.
2. Cut out two 7" square sponge cakes and place one at the bottom of a 7" spring form square tin. (You will only get one 7" square sponge. For the other one, you have to join two sponges together.)
3. Slowly pour half of the mousse over sponge.
4. Place another sponge over the mousse and pour in the rest of the mousse.
5. Smooth the surface and chill till set.