Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Blueberry Jam Chiffon Cake
Few month back, I bought a bottle of organic blueberry jam. Unfortunately, my boys don't like it at all as the whole bottle is full of small pearl of blueberries. They preferred the smooth jelly likes jam. It a waste to throw it away so I had to use it for baking. Luckily, they do accept the taste of the blueberry jam when I used it for baking.
3 egg yolk
1tbsp caster sugar
35g veg. oil
80g blueberry jam } mix
30g hot water } together
75g cake flour (sifted)
3 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. With a hand whisk mix egg yolk, salt and sugar together.
3. Add in oil and blueberry mixture, whisk till combined.
4. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
5. Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
6. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
7. Fold in 1/4 of meringue into egg yolk batter until blended.
8. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
9. Pour batter into a 20cm tube pan.
10.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 35-40mins.
11.Remove from oven, invert cake pan and let it cool.
12.Remove cake from pan and serve.