Sunday, December 9, 2012
Prune Sponge Cake
2 egg yolk
15g caster sugar
65g egg white
40g caster sugar
30g cake flour
25g corn flour
1/4tsp vanilla paste
1tsp rum (optional)
adequate prunes (cut into small pieces)
1. Grease and dust moulds with flour, shake off excess flour and set aside.
2. Sift flour and corn flour together, set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 165C.
4. In a bowl, whisk egg yolk and 15g of sugar till smooth and pale.
5. Add in vanilla paste and rum, continue to whisk for a minute.
6. In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg white till frothy, gradually add in sugar and whisk till soft peak form.
7. Fold in half of the flour into egg yolk batter, follow by half of the meringue.
8. Fold in the balance flour and follow by the rest of the meringue till well blended.
9. Fill batter into a piping bag.
10.Place prunes at the bottom of moulds and fill it with batter till 80% full.
11.Bake in a preheated oven for 20mins.
12.Remove from oven and cool it on a wire rack.
13.With a thin sharp knife slowly remove cake from mould.
14.Dust cakes with icing sugar and serve.