Thursday, December 13, 2012
Letter 'e' and 'G' Cookies
Hahaha...it suppose to be Pinwheels cookies and it turn out so ugly. My son named is Letter 'e' and 'G' cookies so I just adopted to it. ^-^
Recipe source from Bake with Anna Olson - Tender Tart Dough.
Following recipe I had made some adjustment.
155g unsalted butter
100g icing sugar (sifted)
1 hard-boiled large egg yolk
1 large egg yolk
1/2tsp vanilla paste
100g cake flour }sifted
130g plain flour }together
2stp cocoa powder
1. Beat butter and icing sugar together till smooth.
2. Push the hard-boiled egg yolk through a sieve into creamed butter.
3. Add in egg yolk and vanilla and mix till blended.
4. Fold in sifted flour and salt till blended.
5. Remove 290g dough.
6. Lightly flour working surface top and shape dough into disc. (dough will be very soft)
7. For the balance dough in the cake mixer, add in cocoa powder and mix till blended.
8. Wrap each doughs up in plastic and chill in fridge till firm, about 2 hours.
9.Remove doughs from fridge and roll out each dough on floured surface into square sheet about 1/4 inch thick.
10.Place the chocolate dough over plain dough, trim edges and carefully roll up.
11.Wrap cookies log and chill till firm, about an hour.
12.Preheat oven to 175C.
13.Remove cookies log, slice cookies about 1/4 inch thick and place it on baking tray.
14.Bake for 15mins till lightly browned on the bottom.
15.Remove cookies from tray, cool them on wire rack and store in an airtight container.