Wednesday, April 11, 2012
140g digestive biscuits (finely crushed)
60g butter (melted)
250g cream cheese
65g caster sugar
1 1/2tbsp corn flour
40g orange juice
1 orange zest
60g whipping cream
3tbsp deco gel/piping gel
1/4tsp orange essence
a drop of orange food colouring
1. Mix both crushed biscuit and melted butter together till well blended.
2. Lined a 7inches loose base round tin with grease proof paper.
3. Press biscuit onto base and chill in fridge for 1/2hour or till firm.
1. Preheat oven at 160C.
2. Use a food processor, mix cream cheese, sugar and corn flour till blended.
3. Slowly pour in beaten egg and blend till well mix.
4. Follow by orange juice, zest and whipping cream and blend till well mix.
5. Wrap the base and side of the cake tin with aluminum foil.
6. Pour the cream cheese batter onto the biscuits base.
7. With a toothpick poke all the air bubbles floating on the surface of the cream cheese batter.
8. Steam bake in the preheated oven for 45-55mins.
9. Leave cheesecake to cool in the oven for 1hr with the door ajar.
10.Chill cheesecake in fridge for 2-4hr till set.
1. Mix orange essence and colouring into deco gel.
2. If you find it too thick add 1/2tsp of hot water and mix well.
3. Pour orange deco gel onto cheesecake and spread it out evenly.
4. Return to fridge and chill till the gel is set.
5. Remove cheesecake from tin, sliced and serve.
Note: You may like to choice any of this steam bake/water bath method.
- I usually placed cheesecake cake tin into a bigger cake tin then I place it into water bath. (lower shelf)
- This time I placed a tray of hot water at the lower shelf, place a steaming rack in it and put the cake tin on the steaming rack without touching the water at all.
- I read from other blogs, they placed a cup of hot water at each corner in the oven then placed the cake tin on the oven rack.