Monday, April 16, 2012
40g warm water
1tsp instant yeast
1/2tsp caster sugar
1tsp bread flour
250g bread flour
40g caster sugar
40g icing sugar
45g plain flour (sift)
1. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in egg until well combined.
3. Fold in flour until well combined.
4. Spoon batter into piping bag and store in fridge for later use.
1. Mix warm water, yeast, 1tsp bread flour and 1tsp caster sugar together, cover and set aside to prove for 10-15mins.
2. Combine bread flour, sugar and salt in a mixer and mix well at low speed.
3. Add yeast dough from step no.1, milk and egg into the dry ingredients.
4. Knead at medium speed until it form a dough.
5. Add in butter, continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Cover dough and let it prove for 50mins.
7. Knock down proved dough, hand knead on a lightly floured surface for a while.
8. Divide dough into 11 equal portions, shape each dough into round ball.
9. Arrange it on a greased tray.
10.Cover and leave it to proof for 45mins until it doubled in size.
11.Preheat oven to 190C.
12.Pipe topping on proved doughs.
13.Scatter chocolate chips or raisins on the surface.
14.Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins until buns is slightly brown.
15.Remove bread from tray and cool it on a wire rack.