厨房角落-‘班兰西谷米年糕’ and My Little Space.
150g sago (soak for 20mins and drain)
40g water/coconut milk
2blades pandan leaf
few drops of green food colouring
adequate 'nian gao' (cut into cubes)
100g grated white coconut
1. Mix grated white coconut with salt and steam for 10mins, set aside to cool.
2. Pour sugar, water and pandan leaves into a sauce pan and simmer till sugar dissolved.
3. Add in green colouring and set aside to cool.
4. Lined a 7inches square tray with plastic cling wrap and set it aside.
5. Mix soaked sago with sugar syrup.
6. Pour sago mixture into prepared tray, smooth surface.
7. Arrange 'nian gao' cubes on the surface and press lightly into the sago.
8. Steamed in a preheated steamer for 20mins over high heat.
9. Remove from steamer and set aside to cool.
10.Wet a pair of scissors and cut sago kuih into small cubes.
11.Coat kuih with grated white coconut and serve.