Thursday, February 9, 2012
Strawberry Jam Shortcake
2tbsp caster sugar
185g self-raising flour
1. Preheat oven to 210C.
2. Cream butter, salt and sugar till creamy.
3. Add in beaten egg and mix well.
4. Sift flour into a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
5. Pour in the creamed batter and milk into flour.
6. Lightly mix till a soft dough is formed.
7. Wrap dough in cling wrap and rest in fridge for 10mins.
8. Knead the dough briefly on a lightly floured surface until smooth.
9. Roll out dough to 2cm thick.
10.Use a floured 5cm pastry ring and cut out dough.
11.Place round dough onto a greased baking tray.
12.Brush surface of dough with milk and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
13.Bake in preheated oven for 12-14mins or until lightly browned.
14.Remove shortcakes from tray and cool on wire rack.
15.Split shortcake, spread with jam and serve.